Friday, February 15, 2008

In my opinion, for what its worth...

Modern technology being what it is, has created a society of extremes, instant gratification, and thanklessness. Everyone is in a hurry to do, to become, to be busy. To acquire more stuff.

Few tarry, few stop to think, or at least slow down to listen, to see everything around them. Take a look around you as you drive to work or walk to school. How many are speeding, while talking on the phone, and applying makeup?? How many people are "multi-tasking"? Not that multi-tasking is a bad thing - in its place, but when lives of others are in jeopardy because people cannot stop multi-tasking to concentrate on the road before them is serious business.



Oh dont' get me wrong, I understand that people are busy. But I think more often than not, people are "over busy". Trying to do too much in too short of a period of time. Always, over booking themselves. Never declining an invitation, never saying no to that extra thing that needs to be done or taken care of. Always having their minds occupied on this life. This temporary place we are.

I believe that this is the work of the enemy of God and His people. My theory is that we are so busy, and so preoccupied we don't stop to think about our Creator. We don't stop to thank Him and worship Him DAILY, throughout the day. We don't stop to "talk" to Him. To check in with Him. To ask Him what He would have us be doing. I believe that this is much more important, critical actually, to the "abundant life" He wants us to have. He wants us to be spiritually rich, not physically rich. This is not to say that He doesn't want us to have our "daily bread" or a roof over our head, or any of the physical things of this world, I just don't think He wants us to entrapped by the physical and temporary. And the enemy of God wants us to be "entrapped". To be so involved with the physical that we forget the spiritual.

If we continue to stay busy and acquire more stuff we will eventualy become so attached to that "stuff" or entrapped by our "stuff" that when God calls us out we won't want to part with that stuff. And the enemy has won.



I don't know about you, but I want to be on God's side. Since He's the one who created me, who knew me before the beginning of time, who knows how many hairs I have on my head ( and how many I lose everyday ) , who keeps my tears in a bottle. Who knows my thoughts, my feelings, my needs and my wants. And who's known all of this from before the beginning of time. This is much more valuable to me than anything the enemy of God could ever give me. Much more worthy of my time and my attention.

No comments: