Thursday, July 22, 2010

And the Story continues...

As I continue to struggle with the grief of losing my husband, and the lonliness that has occurred in my life, I find myself wondering how I managed to get through his dying process, which let me tell you, was much more of a difficult process than the grief.

The grief is hard, but the feeling of impending doom while he was slowly disintegrating before my very eyes, was SO INTENSE compared to the intense pain of not having him here. So I kept going back to “what did I do differently then than I’m doing now”. Then it hit me… I held on to God very tightly then. But since then there has been this “release” (on my part, surely). And therein lies the problem! My faith or my trust in Him hasn’t changed, I’ve just not been communicating with Him as much and I haven’t stayed connect!

Then today, I came across this:

“The apostle Paul encouraged us: "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God" (Philippians 4:6). The outcome is that once we have prayed, we ought not to worry. Mary C. Crowley put it this way: "Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway." Turning our problems over to God once we have done all we can do (with His help and guidance) is the essence of faith. It is a quiet trust that accepts the outcome, trusting that the decision is God's on our behalf and for our best interests.
Once we believe and understand that there is a Creator and that He loves the world (John 3:16), we can relieve our minds of the strain of anxiety and helplessness that often leads toward depression. It is amazing how resourceful we can be when we are not hampered by worries. So let your requests be made know to God!”


And God, using modern technology for His glory, once again is reminding me to “stay connected” through prayer and meditation!

Yes, it is difficult to do this when I’m in the throes of grief and anguish with missing my husband. I keep reminding myself that Scott is with God now and that helps me feel better, but Scott still isn’t here… with me physically. And yes, I miss that! A LOT!!!

So for anyone who happens to read this or stumble upon this… keep me in your prayers!

No comments: